More than 500 new positive coronavirus test results have been confirmed in Somerset.
The latest data from the government today (January 6) reveals 537 new positive tests have been recorded.
The biggest rise was in North Somerset (138).
There were also large rises in Somerset West and Taunton (108), and Sedgemoor (85).
There have been 23,066 positive test results recorded in the county since the pandemic began.
Today Somerset Live reported that one small area of Somerset has a similar coronavirus rate to some cities.
Breakdown of positive test results
The daily rise is recorded below, with the accumulative figure since the pandemic began in brackets:
Somerset West and Taunton: +108 (3,286)
Bath and North East Somerset: +84 (5,296)
North Somerset: +138 (6,480)
Sedgemoor: +85 (3,102)
South Somerset: +72 (3,021)
Mendip : +50 (1,881)
The 29 local areas with the highest positive test results
The local areas to have seen 30 or more new cases in the seven days up to December 30 are:
- Berrow & Brent Knoll (48)
- Bishop’s Hull & North Fitzwarren (48)
- Bridgwater East (41)
- Bridgwater Town (37)
- Burnham-on-Sea (48)
- Central Bath & Lansdown (37)
- Cheddar & Axbridge (78)
- Dowslands & Blackdown (38)
- High Littleton & Paulton (32)
- Hutton, Locking & Banwell (45)
- Long Ashton & Gordano (44)
- Mid Worle (30)
- Minehead Town (36)
- North Worle (54)
- Pensford, Clutton & Temple Cloud (39)
- Rode, Mells & Woodlands (30)
- Stockmoor & North Petherton (70)
- Taunton Galmington & Trull (34)
- Taunton Halcon & Monkton Heathfield (34)
- Taunton Holway & Lambrook (45)
- Taunton North Town (41)
- Wedmore & Mark (44)
- Wellington North (78)
- Wellington South, Rockwell Green & West Buckland (61)
- Wembdon & Chilton Trinity (36)
- Weston Bournville (34)
- Weston Hillside (55)
- Weston Milton (44)
- Weston Town (69)