Across Somerset, there are a variety of takeaways that have received a food hygiene rating of zero, one or two from the Food Standards Agency.
In total, there are ten open takeaways across Somerset with a rating of two or lower.
The food hygiene rating reflects the standards of food hygiene found on the date of the inspection by the relevant local authority.
From Bath to Taunton, Yeovil and more, we’ve listed all ten open takeaways with a rating of zero, one or two across Somerset.
Looking for today’s top stories in one place? Sign up for our newsletter here.
Ratings of 0
- The Original Charcoal Grill – Yeovil
Ratings of 1
Ratings of 2
What is a food hygiene rating?
A food hygiene rating is given to all businesses which serve food.
It is awarded following an inspection which measures a business based on the following three criteria:
- Hygienic food handling
- Cleanliness and condition of facilities and building
- Management of food safety
The business is then awarded an overall score from zero – meaning urgent improvement is required – to five – meaning hygiene standards are very good:
- Zero – urgent improvement is required
- One – major improvement is necessary
- Two – some improvement is necessary
- Three – hygiene standards are generally satisfactory
- Four – hygiene standards are good
- Five – hygiene standards are very good
You can use the Food Standards Agency website to search for specific businesses or areas for their individual rating.